NICEIC Part P Regestered Electricians

TAS Electrical & Security NICEIC Part P Regestered Electricians

Electricians Woolston
Electricians TAS Electrical & Security provide certified and guaranteed electrical services including : All kinds of electrical systems: Domestic, Commercial and Industrial, 24 hour call out, electrical testing, periodic reports, landlord electrical saftey certificates, electrical rewire, electrical contractors,Installations,Maintainance,Repair,

For a prompt personal service or just advice please phone Jack/ on 07896 074 165 Thank you

Our Areas of Operation

Electrical Contractors
Electrical Testing
Landlords Saftey Cirtificates
Electrical Upgrades
Extra Lights
Extra Sockets

0161 483 4416

07896 074 165


Enquiry Form

Fire Alarm Shop


Buy all your fire alarm Equipment from TAS


Domestic Electricians Commercial Electricians Industrial Electricians HMO Houses in Multiple Occupancy Electrical Certificates & Test Reports References









Reports & Testing Inspections




Reports & Testing Inspections





Reports & Testing Inspections




Reports & Testing Inspections



HMO Specialists





Reports & Testing Inspections



Phone 0161 483 4416 Mobile 07896 074 165
TAS Electrical & Security electricians offer a range of services from small repair and maintenance work through to installing power in gardens and out buildings and complete house rewires. We have highly competitive prices and friendly, tidy, reliable operatives
Electrical services
  • Installing light fittings
  • Installing fans
  • Replacing light switches
  • Installing extra sockets
  • Emergency repairs
  • Replacing electrical cables
  • Inspection and testing
  • Installing new circuits
  • Garden and pond lighting
  • Power to sheds out buildings
  • Replacing consumer units
  • Complete house rewires
Electrical Maintenance Services
Emergency Call Out
Periodic Inspection & Testing
Regular inspection and testing of electrical installations is an important aspect of electrical safety. It is now a requirement of the 17th edition of the IEE Regulations that the installer of an electrical installation must tell the user of the need for a periodic test and when that test should take place. Periodic Testing and Inspection of electrical installations is necessary for the prevention of damage from wear and tear, excessive loading, environmental influences and ageing. Installations must be maintained in a safe condition and periodical testing of your electrical circuits may be required by your insurance company, landlord or mortgage company. Our inspectors are qualified electricians affiliated to a recognised competent person scheme.

Consumer unit Upgrade

Wylex standard consumer unit fitted with rewirable fuses
Modern Hager consumer unit fitted with MCBs and an RCD

A consumer unit is a type of distribution board (a component of an electrical power system within which an electrical power feed provides supply to subsidiary circuits).


"Consumer Unit (may also be known as a consumer control unit). A particular type of distribution board comprising a type-tested co-ordinated assembly for the control and distribution of electrical energy, principally in domestic premises, incorporating manual means of double-pole isolation on the incoming circuit(s) and an assembly of one or more fuses, circuit breakers, residual current operated devices or signalling and other devices proven during the type-test of the assembly as suitable for use."


Modern consumer units (picture botJack right) usually use DIN-rail mount breakers. The rail and the shape of the front opening are standardized but the busbar arrangements are not. Therefore mixing of brands should generally be avoided and, where unavoidable, care should be taken to ensure that the breaker chosen is a good fit for the busbars.

Generally a "split load" arrangement is used with some circuits protected by the RCD and others not.

The box pictured top-right is a "Wylex standard" fitted with rewirable fuses. These boxes can also be fitted with cartridge fuses or miniature circuit breakers (MCBs). This type of consumer unit was very popular in Britain until 2001 when wiring regulations mandated residual current device (RCD) protection for sockets that could "reasonably be expected to" supply outdoor equipment (BS7671:2001, ISBN 0-86341-373-0). There were a number of similar designs from other manufacturers but the Wylex ones are by far the most commonly encountered and the only ones for which fuseholders/breakers are still commonly available.[citation needed]

RCD protection types

With the introduction of the recent[when?] 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations consumer units in the UK must provide RCD protection to all cables embedded in walls excepting high integrity circuits such as those for burglar alarms or smoke alarms.

Consumer units have different methods of protecting circuits. A dual split-load consumer unit can be arranged as follows:


  • Upstairs Lights,
  • Downstairs Final Ring Main,
  • Garage Sockets,
  • Shower


  • Downstairs Lights,
  • Upstairs Sockets,
  • Cooker,
  • Heating,

By alternating the circuits like this, power will always be present on one floor if either RCD trips out.

Another way to protect circuits under the 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations is by fitting Residual Current Circuit Breaker With Overload (RCBOs) to every circuit although this can be a very costly method.

Some older systems such as those that use MK or old MEM Consumer Units that used fuses had one fuse per spur so for instance:

  • Upstairs Lights Fuse 1
  • Upstairs Sockets Fuse 2
  • Downstairs Lights Fuse 3
  • Downstairs Sockets Fuse 4


An electrician is a tradesman specializing in electrical wiring of buildings, stationary machines and related equipment. Electricians may be employed in the installation of new electrical components or the maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure.[1] Electricians may also specialize in wiring ships, airplanes and other mobile platforms. In the film industry and on a television crew the Electrician is referred to as a Gaffer.

"Electrician" and "electrical contractor" are related terms. An electrician is an individual tradesperson; an electrical contractor is a business that employs electricians to design, install, and maintain electrical systems. In most of the United States, separate licensing requirements exist for electricians and electrical contractors. Electricians are typically not allowed to perform work for the public unless under the employment of an electrical contractor.

Electrical contractors TAS can help you with all your electrical needs, Electricians Woolston.

House Rewire (All trade service if required)
If you have been told by a surveyor that you need to rewire your home, we offer a flexible solution to ensure that the standards set out in Part P of the Building Regulations and BS 7671 are met. We can help by offering a rewire service that combines the main service provided by the electricians with that of joiners, plasterers and other tradesmen so that the inconvenience of the rewire project is kept to a minimum.